Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stress

They say that pregnant women should avoid stress.  I've probably been doing the exact opposite, which might be part of the reason I've spent the past week in the hospital. Thursday morning I woke up, still panicked about the whole incident with my brother.  I went on a walk to calm my nerves.  I got around the block and felt a sharp pain in my abdomen.  I figured it was just a cramp, but it didn't go away. I practically crawled back to my house, only to find myself bleeding profusely.  I thought I had miscarried.  My thoughts flashed back to that first child that Dave and I lost, and the pain I went through physically that was nothing compared to the emotional pain.
I called Dave, and he had the clarity to call an ambulance.  I got to the hospital, and the nurses all gave me a look that told me hope was lost, or at least that's what it looked like through all my tears.  Hours of testing later a Doctor finally told me that my twins were going to be OK, but that I had almost lost them. He told me that I really needed to keep my stress level lower, and then he sentenced me to bedrest... I'm allowed to get up for small things, but I still forsee the rest of this pregnancy being miserable.
As for all the things that have been stressing me out, I'm just going to try to ignore them until they come up again, and hopefully I can be a little happier...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment